The unseasonably warm Spring means strawberries are in season early. So, now is the time to create some of your favorite summer treats.
Tips for strawberries:
1) Buy them the day you want to use them. I went berry picking on Thursday afternoon, and most of my berries are already on the over ripe side.
2) Wash them only when you're about to use them, the water will make them soggy faster.
3) Store the berries in a single layer to to prevent bruising and sogginess. Preferably on a paper towel.
4) I store my berries on the counter instead of the fridge. I think the cold damages the fruit's skin.
5) Ugly berries can puréed or made into jelly. Do your best.