Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Impromptu Portrait Sessions & Other Things Photographers Will Sneak In

As most of you know, Carlos from 3rd Avenue Photography came out last week to photograph some of my cakes. He was also very sneaky and requested...nay...demanded to take portraits of me in my kitchen while he was there. I was not at all prepared, the kitchen was still a wreck from all the cakes I had made. Dishes were stacked high in the sink, icing globs abounded. He managed to tuck me into a tight corner and get some shots though that make me look half decent. 

I know what you are going to say, too" "For not being prepared to have a portrait session taken, you sure to look dressed up." Well, when Carlos came over, I had just gotten out of the shower. My hair was wet, I was in old blue jeans that had icing on them, no make up. As the session crept on, I had to start getting ready for Rachel's bridal shower, so I would flit back and forth between kitchen and bathroom to get get make up, blow dryer, etc. About 20 minutes before I was about to run out the door, is when he grabbed me and made me do the Betty Crocker thing. I know you have been just dying to see these. Hopefully I can arrange some real portraits of me for the blog when I have my blond hair back and my vintage dress. Until then, here you go:

"You want to take pictures of me?"

Everything is shoved into the sink by the mixer!!

"Carlos hurry!! This cake weighs 20 lbs!"

Above those cabinets are rows and rows of liquor.


3 comments:

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?