Pot Roast in Foil
- 1 3-4# Chuck Roast
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1-2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
Me: Oh HELL TO THE NO! We are goin' full fat version.
- 2 white potatoes washed and cut into large chunks. He probably implied peeling them, so you can do that...or not.
- 1 bag of carrots peeled and sliced into large chunks
Me: Awww! The man loves his wife. So sweet.
- Place 30x18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil in 13x9x2 baking pan, place meat on foil. Add carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Sprinkle soup mix over top of meat, carrots and potatoes and spread with cream of mushroom soup.
- Fold foil over meat and seal securely.
Do it all right and you get a super tender, flavorful roast that the whole family enjoys. Enjoys so much in fact, that they forget to take a picture of it for the blog.
Let me give you one piece of advice though. Make sure that the foil wrapping is really tight and well layered. If not you will get this lovely surprise:
|Stain-"I will never never never come off. Even after 24 hours soaking"|