Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pot Roast in Foil...WIN!

This Recipe was submitted by Txbruno, who sadly has not yet claimed his awesome prize for winning the recipe contest. I had 6 hours to kill last Sunday, so I thought, "why not?". After being rejected from a cooking blogroll because my blog was deemed "not about cooking", I decided I had to "cook it up a bit". So, after placing our new handy-dandy oven thermometer in place, I got to foilin'.

Pot Roast in Foil
  • 1 3-4# Chuck Roast
  • 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
  • 1-2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup 
             Notes Txbruno:I prefer the artery clogging version but you can use the fat free version.
             Me: Oh HELL TO THE NO! We are goin' full fat version.
  • 2 white potatoes washed and cut into large chunks. He probably implied peeling them, so you can do that...or not.
  • 1 bag of carrots peeled and sliced into large chunks
              Notes Txbruno: I use more because my wife loves carrots.

              Me: Awww! The man loves his wife. So sweet.


Cooking Distructions:
  • Place 30x18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil in 13x9x2 baking pan, place meat on foil. Add carrots and potatoes around the roast.
  • Sprinkle soup mix over top of meat, carrots and potatoes and spread with cream of mushroom soup.

    "I don't look particularly tasty right now. Or in focus for that matter."
    
  • Fold foil over meat and seal securely.

    "I could be potentially more tasty, but are you willing to risk it?"
  • Cook in 275° oven 5-6 hours.

Do it all right and you get a super tender, flavorful roast that the whole family enjoys. Enjoys so much in fact, that they forget to take a picture of it for the blog.

Let me give you one piece of advice though. Make sure that the foil wrapping is really tight and well layered. If not you will get this lovely surprise:

Stain-"I will never never never come off. Even after 24 hours soaking"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?