Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I've Been Up To

So one of you were wondering WTH has kept me so busy that I cannot drink the night away while cooking tons of goodies for your viewing pleasure. The truth is, quite a lot.

If you didn't know, I am trying to get into a competitive doctoral program on the other side of the country. This is a very labor intensive process. (Even more so than kolaches). It involves lots of testing and writing, and generally looking like a hero. Well, I'm no hero, so I have to work extra hard. I have been working to get letters of recommendation, while studying for my GRE that is in 2 weeks. I have also been reading up on neuropsych research so if/when I do an interview, I won't sound like the drunken tard that I am. I interview terribly. To bad their loyalties can't be bribed with cake like y'alls.

Besides all that, I am house sitting and brother sitting for my parent's while they take a vacation. No big deal except caring for an adult with autism and multiple medical conditions is a bit taxing. I don't know how my parents do it everyday. The are probably close to sainthood.

What else? Jon signed us up for this stupid fitness contest and we have seriously been slacking over the last month. The contest ends this Friday and we are WAAAAY behind. Last night I rode a bike for 10 of the 40 miles required as part of the contest. I now have jelly legs...and a sore bum. Bugger.

Work is ramping up some as well. I've volunteered to give two talks on health disparities and disabilities. More literature research is required. PowerPoint presentations must be made, handouts produced.

To top it off, I went to feed my kitty this morning, bumbled the cup and spilled food all over the kitchen. I was already running late for work, so poor kitty had to eat off the floor.

Sorry for the pity party, it's just been a rough couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?