*Get on plane, throw cell phone in trash*
- 7:30 a.m.: Wake up eat lots of bread. Go back to sleep.
- 8:30 a.m.: Really wake up and have some espresso and biscotti.
- 9:00 a.m.: Wine tasting tour.
- 10:00 a.m: Purchase wine in wine tasting shop.
- 10:30 a.m.: Mid morning snack of bread, cheese, and wine.
- 11:00 a.m.: Stumble around Milan looking at awesome old stuff. Maybe buy some horribly overpriced garment. Milan is fashion capitol of Italy after all.
- 12:00 p.m.: Time for some very carb loaded lunch and a bottle of wine. Better make that two bottles. Don't want to get dehydrated from all that walking around and sightseeing we are going to be doing.
- 1:30 p.m.: Nap in the park under a shady tree.
- 2:30 p.m.: Awaken and stumble around an art museum. Giggle inappropriately at nude sculptures.
- 4:00 p.m.: Snack time. Purchase me some gelato and a glass of wine. Stroll about the streets admiring architecture.
- 6:00 p.m.: Dinner time. Four course pasta meal with wine courses to compliment? Sounds good to me!
- 9:00 p.m.: Stumble into a club and dance very, very badly to 90's techno.
- 11:00 p.m.: Be carried home and pass out in bed.
I plan to repeat this pattern until all 10 days in Italy are used up and my blood is 95% Pinot Noir. I suppose a shower will be in order somewhere in there. Oh and we will be seeing Florence, Pisa, and Rome. So I imagine a car ride will be in order as well. Thankfully, I will not be the one driving. Good thing because there are so many local vineyards with their own blend of wine, it will be difficult for me to get to our destinations without pulling over to sample every single one.
Luckily, I married a guy who's family brought over exchange students. Luca has been a family friend ever since he came to the states as teen, and went to high school under the watchful eye of Jon's parents. Now that he is back in Italy, he insists we come to visit and I can't wait. Having a native show you the best places in Italy is like living there yourself. The best food, the neatest shops, and of course, the finest wines are waiting for us!
|Me, Luca, and Jon goofing off at the wedding.|
I will attempt to post some pictures of