Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kolache Lessons, What the Latest Batch Has Taught Me

I'm sure quite a few of you out there are wondering when I am going to post the recipe for the kolaches I made last weekend. I don't want to break your hearts, but I am not going to post it. Why you ask? I don't like putting recipes out there without making sure that I can give clear directions on how to work the recipe properly, and right now I don't feel I would be doing you guys justice by just throwing ingredients out there willy nilly. After all, I want y'all to have successes, and leave the fails to me.


No sad muffins on my watch!

So here are some future plans in relation to said kolaches. First things first, I am back in Relapse, so it may be a little while before I attempt them again. However, it will not be one year. I promise. I mean it this time.

I have also decided that I have enough handle on the mixing of the dough components that I feel confident in halving the recipe into a reasonable amount. Three dozen kolaches is more than enough for one sitting. This will hopefully make my relapse period shorter and more manageable.

Please stand by and I crawl back on the wagon...if I can even find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?