Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scheming...

Tonight, I scheme. There is a sweets bake off at work next week and I have to mow down the competition. I love a good competition. It brings out the worst in us Americans...and Texans, especially. First things first, what is my fall back cake recipe that will blow everyone's socks off? hmmm....don't really have one. All my cakes have either blown up or been only just tolerated by the masses. Time for something new.

After careful prodding of potential judges (coworkers) the choices came down to Tres Leches and Italian Creme Cake. Tres Leches is by FAR the easier of the two recipes. I anticipate videoing the preparation of this delight for y'all so you can really see how easy it is, and you can brag to all your friends about how you slaved over the stove to make this Mexican culinary delight. I have to wait til after the contest though...so I can fool the judges, too. *wink*

Okay, I know this post is lame. I will do better next time. Maybe if I am REALLY lucky, one of my cakes will eventually end up this website...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?