Sunday, May 16, 2010

Starting over...again



In Texas, we have a lot of sayings. Like, "I'm so hungry I could eat the South end of a North bound skunk." We are full of them. So in the spirit of Texanism, I am "going to pull myself up by the bootstraps" and "get back on the horse" with this kitchen mess nonsense. After the recent kitchen horror and insect genocide, I have systematically bleached out the fridge and restocked with bare essentials. See and approve below...

Behold the temporary wonder.


The bare essentials include, in no particular order:
  1. BBQ Sauce
  2. Mayo
  3. Wine
  4. Pizza leftovers and
  5. Milk (to replace the gallon of rotted milk which you can see below. One expired in March, as did the eggs...which were not pictured to protect the innocent.)

 
 (The lids had to be triple wrapped to prevent rotted spillage on the way to the dumpster)



Look! NO DISHES! I did them all!

Other things to report: I am currently working on the 5th load of laundry. There is a mountain of it on my bed. I told myself (specifically about the laundry and PRE-gnat incident) that I would start the laundry Friday. Well guess when I started. Yea, Sunday night post-gnat.

Other projects: I am currently cleaning out the pantry as well and organizing it for 2 purposes. One, I am totally disgusted with the current state of affairs. And two (yes, I just started a sentence with AND) there is a bake off at work and I have to get my *aspic* in gear to win it. What should I make in my newly sanitized, bug-free kitchen... Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?