Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Czech Museum and Ulterior Motives

So, Houston has a Czech Heritage Museum. I think to myself, "What a way to spend a afternoon with Jon and his parents.They will think I am such a great girl being interested in their cultural heritage."

 Well, I had an ulterior motive or two.

Ulterior motive #1: Scope out the place as a wedding reception site. The Texas Wedding Magazine boasted that it was as cheap as $30 per person. Well... it was nice, but way too small to accommodate his Catholic family of 10,000 and my family of 4. So scratch that.

Ulterior Motive #2: Peruse gift shop for authentic Czech cookbook. Result: Major success! *Smarty-pants dance!* They had one specifically for Czech kolaches and sweets. "Yee haw!" as we say in Texas.

I dashed home and gathered the necessary kolache ingredients right away. Jon was not pleased to say the least.

"I don't want you to get upset when they don't come out right," he says. "I don't want to come over and find you crying on the floor again."

Did I mention that Jon is oh so supportive of this kolache project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?